Dolly releases 26th solo album, ‘The Great Pretender’
Released in February 1984, “The Great Pretender” is Dolly’s 26th solo studio album and features a selection of popular cover songs from the 1950s and 60s.
The album was Dolly’s first to be issued on the new compact disc format at the time.
- “Save the Last Dance for Me”
- “I Walk the Line”
- “Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is A Season)”
- “We Had it All”
- “She Don’t Love You Like I Love You”
- “We’ll Sing in the Sunshine”
- “I Can’t Help Myself (Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch)”
- “Elusive Butterfly”
- “The Great Pretender”
“The Great Pretender” peaked at No. 7 on the U.S. Country Music Albums Charts and No. 73 on the U.S. Top 200 Albums Charts.
Managing Editor - Jacob Timmons
Creative Director - Sarah Chapman
Senior Editor - Amanda Webb