Managing Editor - Jacob Timmons
Creative Director - Sarah Chapman
- Dolly Parton Releases Moving and Reflective Cover of “What’s Up?” Featuring Linda Perry - September 22, 2023
- Fall Into a High-Spirited Adventure at Dolly Parton’s Stampede - September 20, 2023
- Enjoy Fall Family Fun at Pirates Voyage - September 20, 2023
Nearly 450 Bluegrass artists appearing at Dollywood’s Barbeque & Bluegrass Presented By BUSH’S®
Perhaps the best way to celebrate the approaching summer is a trip to Dollywood’s Barbeque & Bluegrass presented by BUSH’S®, May 24-June 2. Thanks to an impressive lineup of talented bluegrass musicians and menus full of expertly-prepared barbeque from Dollywood’s culinary team, the hardest part for guests may be deciding where to start! This 10-Day festival runs May 24 – June 2.
Celebrated Bluegrass Artists
The event kicks off in style with a blockbuster opening weekend featuring bluegrass music’s biggest names performing at DP’s Celebrity Theater. Multi-time International Bluegrass Music Association Vocal Group of the Year, Doyle Lawson and Quicksilver (May 24), and the “Queen of Bluegrass” Rhonda Vincent & The Rage (May 25-26) headline the first three days of the festival. The hits keep coming from the finest musicians in the genre, including Dailey & Vincent (May 27-28).
Artists appearing at DP’s Celebrity Theater:
- Doyle Lawson and Quicksilver (May 24)
- Rhonda Vincent & The Rage (May 25-26)
- Dailey & Vincent (May 27-28)
- The Grascals (May 29)
- Sister Sadie (May 30)
- Flatt Lonesome (May 31)
- Joe Mullins and The Radio Ramblers (June 1)
- Blue Highway (June 2)
One of the largest bluegrass events around, Dollywood’s Barbeque & Bluegrass offers guests more than 40 individual performances—all included with park admission—every day of the festival. That means nearly 450 bluegrass performances take place during the run of the event.
Groups featured at Dollywood’s Showstreet Palace Theater:
- Sugar & The Mint (May 24)
- Former America’s Got Talent contestants Summer Brooke and the Mountain Faith Band (May 26)
- Michael Cleveland and Flamekeeper (May 27)
- Lonesome River Band (May 28)
- The Kenny and Amanda Smith Band (June 1)
- Volume Five (June 2)
Additional performances take place at The Plaza Stage at Wilderness Pass:
- Gate 10 (May 24)
- The Burnett Sisters (May 28)
- Turning Ground (May 30)
- Unbridled Strings (June 2)
Several roving performers keep the sweet sounds of bluegrass music echoing throughout the streets of Dollywood, including the unique championship buckdancing and fiddling of Nashville’s Hillary Klug (May 24-June 2).
For a complete lineup of concert performances and show times, please visit Dollywood.com or view the Dollywood App. It’s a heaping helping of free daily concerts from an amazing collection of talented performers.
Stellar Barbeque Selections
Dollywood’s award-winning foods team has turned up the heat on the culinary offerings during this festival with a plethora of delights that perfectly complement the amazing music ringing through the air. Traditional items, including smoked ribs and slow-smoked pulled pork highlight the menu, while a number of additional options are sure to become favorites.
Dollywood chefs took advantage of the park’s partnership with BUSH’S® Beans to include several tantalizing recipes, including Cowboy Kettle Beans, while BBQ pork nachos, roasted corn on the cob, and even BBQ shrimp skewers are sure to be hits.