Managing Editor - Jacob Timmons
Senior Editor - Amanda Webb
Creative Director - Sarah Chapman
Latest posts by Team Dolly (see all)
- Dollywood Announces Job Fairs For 2018 Season - February 15, 2018
- Dollywood Announces 2018 Festival Of Nations Lineup - February 2, 2018
- Spring Mix Music Series Schedule At Dollywood - February 2, 2018
Top news and entertainment outlets will feature Dolly to talk about the DVD release of “Dolly Parton’s Coat of Many Colors” coming up on May 3.
In support of the DVD release, Dolly will head out on the promotional trail and appear on “CBS This Morning,” “700 Club,” “Access Hollywood,” GAC’s “Great American Playlist,” CMT’s “Hot Twenty Countdown,” “Fox411,” and more.
Fans can experience the magic and warmth of the television movie event based on the inspiring true story of living legend Dolly Parton’s remarkable upbringing in rural Tennessee.
This once-in-a-lifetime special takes place inside the tight-knit Parton family as they struggle to overcome a devastating tragedy and discover the healing power of love, faith and a raggedy patchwork coat — vividly described in the well-known song of the film’s title — that helped make Dolly who she is today. Set in the Tennessee Great Smoky Mountains in 1955, this poignant and uplifting family-friendly story follows the incidents in Dolly and her family’s life around the time she was nine years old. Dolly said,
“It is my true belief that if you’re lucky enough to have a good mother, that is the greatest gift that you will ever know. So many people responded to my Mother in the ‘Coat of Many Colors’ movie not only because of the wonderful job that Jennifer Nettles did portraying her, but the love and attention that Mama gave to all of her children.”
Dolly’s Promotional Appearances:
- “Access Hollywood” on April 30
- “CMT After Midnite” on April 30
- CMT’s “Hot Twenty Countdown” on April 30 and May 1
- “CBS This Morning” and “Yahoo TV” on May 2
- “CMT Radio Live” on May 2
- “Entertainment Tonight Canada” on May 3
- GAC’s “Great American Playlist” on May 3 and May 12
- “CBS This Morning” on May 5
- CBN’s “700 Club” on May 6
- PBS’s “Metro Focus” on May 5 and May 8
- Additional features with “Parade,” “People Magazine,” “Huffington Post,” “Fox411,” “Rolling Stone Country” and more
The DVD version of “Dolly Parton’s Coat of Many Colors” also contains an alternate version of the movie, deleted scenes and heartwarming extras.
“Dolly Parton’s Coat of Many Colors” is executive produced by Dolly Parton, Sam Haskell and Pamela K. Long. Written by Long, the film was directed by Stephen Herek. Hudson Hickman served as line producer and Velton Ray Bunch and Mark Leggett composed the musical score. The film is a production of Magnolia Hill Productions and DP Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television. “Dolly Parton’s Coat of Many Colors” first premiered on December 10, 2015, on NBC.