Opryland's Parade of Trees auction includes a beautifully decorated Dolly Parton-inspired tree benefiting her Imagination Library.
Dolly Parton joins her fellow country music artists who are lending their star power to raise money for their favorite charities this Christmas season at Nashville’s Gaylord Opryland Resort. This year, Dolly's tree features ornaments and decorations inspired by her new holiday special, "Dolly Parton's Christmas of Many Colors: Circle of Love" airing on NBC on Nov. 30 at 9 p.m. EST.
The online auction opened Nov. 11. The highest bidder of the Dolly Parton sponsored tree will receive the decorations along with a host of prizes including:
- 2-night stay in Dolly’s luxurious penthouse apartment at Dollywood’s DreamMore Resort and Spa
- Admission for 2 to Dollywood
- $200 Gift Card to the spa at Dollywood’s DreamMore Resort and Spa
- 2 tickets to Dolly Parton’s Dixie Stampede
- 2 limited edition Coat of Many Colors ornaments
- 2 signed copies of Dolly’s new children’s book "Coat of Many Colors"
- 2 signed copies of "Dolly Parton's Coat of Many Colors" DVDs
Dolly's tree has an estimated value of $2,000. Each tree's decorations and accompanying prizes are up for grabs in the online auction. Bidding opened for Dolly's tree on Nov. 11, 2016, and ends Jan. 1, 2017 at 11 a.m. CST. Other trees include those sponsored by Loretta Lynn, Diamond Rio and the Nashville Ballet.
Parade of Trees is part of A Country Christmas at Gaylord Opryland. This free, self-guided tour features 14 spectacularly decorated trees throughout the resort's nine acres of indoor gardens.
Proceeds from Dolly's tree will benefit the Imagination Library, Dolly's book gifting organization which has mailed more than 85 million free books to children around the world since it began in 1996.