Alyvia Alyn Lind lands the leading role in NBC’s adaptation of Dolly’s autobiographical song “Coat of Many Colors”
Update (Aug. 19, 2015): It’s official, “Dolly Parton’s Coat of Many Colors” is set to air on NBC, Thursday, Dec. 10, from 9-11 PM!
The young actress made her film debut in 2013’s “Dark Skies.” The following year she starred alongside Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore in the movie “Blended.” In addition to her film career, Alyvia Alyn Lind has played Faith Newman in over 80 episodes of television’s “The Young and the Restless.” Alyvia was also cast as five-year-old Amanda Clarke in the television series “Revenge.”
Dolly surprised Alyvia with the announcement in person and the young star was nearly speechless. Dolly said,
“When you were doing your little audition, I thought I wish I would have been that pretty when I was little, I wish I would have been that smart. I really felt you and I thought, well, I would be so honored to have you play Little Dolly.”
Plans for a television movie series of Dolly’s songs began in May of 2015. “Coat of Many Colors” the movie is set to air in December of 2015.
- Watch Dolly surprise Alyvia on the TODAY
- More information available via NBC
- Related “Coat of Many Colors” article
- Dollywood’s Harvest Festival Brings Fall Family Fun Home to the Smokies - September 25, 2023
- Dolly Parton Releases Moving and Reflective Cover of “What’s Up?” Featuring Linda Perry - September 22, 2023
- Fall Into a High-Spirited Adventure at Dolly Parton’s Stampede - September 20, 2023